Kita jaga Kita. Malaysians understand this phrase. It loosely translates to “we take care of each other.” That’s the impetus behind Changgih’s Give Back Program. We use 10% of our profits to impact the community around us.
How does that work? Well, the first step is talking with leaders in the community to understand the needs. Then, once we are given ideas for new projects we check to see if the projects match our guiding principles:
- Is it something the residents desire?
- Does it improve the quality of life for residents?
- Is it a sustainable project and can we team with the community to make it happen?
- Disaster relief after floods in nearby towns
- Providing Job Training Courses
- Skill Based Vocational Training
- Food bundles to needy families during the global pandemic (over 5700 people)
through our give-back program.